Friday, November 25, 2016

Santa Ornament Painting 2016, Linda McCoy

I
This is my fourth ornament painting this year and as in the others, I put him in the holly bush in our yard. Yes, his beard got hopelessly tangled in the spikey holly leaves. I managed to get him out unscathed. In the bottom photo I listed the colors over the color swatch on the board for those interested in the palette I used. Most of these colors are Old Holland, the white is Blue Ridge, and the Radiant Turquoise is from Gamblin. I also tried a new medium which I loved, DeMayerne Medium, from Blue Ridge Artist Supply. This is just an ornament with a plastic face but there was lots of texture in the beard, so it was a lot of fun to paint. I'm working on two commissions so no posts for awhile. Happy Holidays!

Santa Ornament Oil Painting 2016
About This Painting:
Media: oil
Size: 6 in X 6 in (15.2 cm X 15.2 cm)

How to Purchase: Sold
Or, send me an email
Copyright Linda McCoy 2016

No comments: