Wednesday, November 07, 2012

I Hear You Knockin' Oil Painting by Linda McCoy


I Hear You Knockin' Rose Painting by Linda McCoy
I Hear You Knockin' Rose Painting by Linda McCoy, painting by Linda McCoy
About This Painting:
Knock out roses, painted on a gallery wrapped canvas
Media: oil
Size: 5 in X 7 in (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)
Sold
 

I was invloved with painting a few larger paintings, I walked outside for a bit and noticed that even though there was a freeze the night before, these small knock-out roses were still beautiful. I thought I would try to capture them before they slept for the winter. The glass is from www.artonsymmes.com.  It is called Detroit Glass. This is the second still life I have painted using their glass as a prop.
Copyright, Linda McCoy 2012

2 comments:

Rochelle Cathey said...

This is a very pretty painting, Linda.
The "Detroit Glass" complements the colors of the roses beautifully.

Linda McCoy said...

Thank you Rochelle!