Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Riders on the Storm, Oil Painting by Linda McCoy


Riders on the Storm, Oil Painting by Linda McCoy
Riders on the Storm, Oil Painting by Linda McCoy, painting by Linda McCoy
About This Painting:
Media: oil
Size: 6 in X 6 in (15.2 cm X 15.2 cm)
How to Purchase: Sold

This painting was created for a DailyPaintworks Challenge, this time the challenge was to paint rain. Interesting painting all of the abstract shapes the water drops make. I was listening to a CD with a compilation of songs about rain, so I named this one after one my favorites by The Doors. Fortunately it was raining yesterday when I painted it, that's the top of my house. I got in the car to go seek out an atmospheric rain subject, and when I looked out the windshield as I pulled out of the driveway, there was the painting, right in front of me.
Copyright, Linda McCoy 2012

2 comments:

Nora MacPhail said...

Sensational painting Linda. The water drops are very cool!

Linda McCoy said...

Thanks Nora!