Saturday, April 20, 2013

Last Waltz, Pansy Oil Painting by Linda McCoy


Last Waltz, Pansy Oil Painting by Linda McCoy
Last Waltz, Pansy Oil Painting by Linda McCoy, painting by Linda McCoy
About This Painting:
On gallery wrapped canvas
Media: oil
Size: 12 in X 12 in (30.5 cm X 30.5 cm)
Price: $149 USD  Sold
The only flowers my garden center had  week or so ago was Pansies. We planted some in the planter out in front, and they are really pretty. They actually lasted throughout the painting process, a little surprising since their petals are so delicate. I tried to convey the delicacy and the fragile appearance of these colorful little flowers.
Here are a few photographs on how I did this one....
I started with a turpentine wash of permanent rose, then wiped most of it off with a soft rag.
I sketched it with a thinned down permanent rose, just to get the shapes on
This is the first pass of color on each flower
Working on the glass, you can still see the pink under painting. More detail to the flowers.

I refined the flowers, added highlights to the glass, and darkened the background
Copyright 2013, Linda McCoy

No comments: