Thursday, June 20, 2013

Friday's Rose, by Linda McCoy


Friday's Rose, by Linda McCoy



Friday's Rose, by Linda McCoy, painting by Linda McCoy



About This Painting:
Media: oil
Size: 8 in X 8 in (20.3 cm X 20.3 cm)
Price: $139 USD
How to Purchase:
I walked out into the yard after a spring rain, and the sun was just peeking out of the clouds. The Knock Out Roses were in full bloom, and the sunlight sparkling on the raindrops stopped me in my tracks. No words or oil paint could possibly capture the beauty of that rose that moment, but as Yoda would say  "Do or do not... there is no try."
Thanks once again to my brother Larry for the title :) and to Jack for reminding me about the Yoda quote :)


2 comments:

ВАСИЛИЙ СЫЗЬКО said...

Often the rose is called the wisdom of milleniums. It reminds the life itself. It is born, it bursts in blossom and droops. The life is like a flower, the perfect life is like a rose. It is beautiful and admirable. Linda! "Sunlight fuels your passion to create art and beauty and you share your perception with others", teach this gift to make their lives beautiful and useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry0_n1FF-78

Linda McCoy said...

Hello Vasily,
Thank you so much for your lovely response to my painting! The video is beautiful, and I will be sharing it with a class I am teaching in September. The class will be how to paint a rose with dew drops. Thank you once again! (I hope I am spelling your name correctly)