Thursday, January 08, 2015

Adorn, Hummingbird in Flight, Linda McCoy


Adorn, Humming Bird in Flight
Adorn, Humming Bird in Flight, painting by Linda McCoy
About This Painting:
Media: oil
Size: 7 in X 5 in (17.8 cm X 12.7 cm)
Price: $65 USD
How to Purchase:
Sold
 
So it seems there is a story about every painting, some more memorable than others. It was mid-August, I was sitting on the deck with a glass of wine and my camera. Late day but still light. I was interested in capturing the Hummingbirds in flight when I noticed one of them perched in the tree. The plum tree had a bad winter and most of the leaves were already gone; it made it easy to watch and observe. She sat quietly, preening her beautiful feathers. When she looked up I saw a tiny white feather in her beak. She sat there for the longest time almost as if she didn't know what to make of it. After turning her head this way and that, she finally flew off with carrying her treasure. Maybe she was nesting, that seems the logical explanation, or already had her babies and was adding a little more softness to the nest. I prefer to think like my daughter, who aptly named this piece; maybe it needed adornment.
Here she is
Painting and photograph Copyright Linda McCoy 2015

No comments: