Sunday, January 18, 2015

Beaming, Hummingbird Oil Painting, Linda McCoy


Beaming, Hummingbird Oil Painting
Beaming,  Hummingbird Oil Painting, painting by Linda McCoy
About This Painting:
Media: oil
Size: 6 in X 6 in (15.2 cm X 15.2 cm)
Price: $65 USD
How to Purchase:
Sold
Or, send me an email
This past summer I was fortunate to be able to capture some images of the Hummingbirds as they rested in the tree next to our deck. The tree was stressed and so its foliage was meager compared to the beautiful dark burgundy leaves it usually has. The upside of it was I was able to observe these little birds while they rested. They are more than cute, and pretty much do everything that the bigger birds do; fluff feathers, sharpen beaks, preen and watch for bugs. They seem to be unafraid of humans, I was able to move my camera around and nearer to them without them fleeing. I think this side of them is not often seen, mostly they are flitting about from flower to feeder sipping nectar.
I am hoping the plum tree survives and returns to it's former glory; a place for the birds to hide and rest, hidden from the hot summer sun.
Copyright 2015

No comments: