Friday, January 09, 2015

Rise, Hummingbird in Flight, Linda McCoy


Rise, Hummingbird in Flight, Linda McCoy
Rise, Hummingbird in Flight, Linda McCoy, painting by Linda McCoy
About This Painting:
Media: oil
Size: 5 in X 7 in (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)
Price: $65 USD
 
Sold
There is something so calm and joyful about painting the little birds. There's plenty of color, texture, light and dark to keep you really thinking during the process. There is a certain curiosity too. When I study them while they are at the feeder, I find that I cannot capture every essence of them in a sketch. It's only when I photograph them that their more subtle markings are revealed. I take a series of photographs, and if I am fortunate enough to have captured a bird in flight, that's the one I'm likely to paint. I am not a photorealist so I rely on my sketches, observances, and photographs to try and come up with a pleasing design and color palette. Thank you for looking!
Copyright Linda McCoy 2015

No comments: