Monday, February 09, 2015

Charmed, Robin Oil Painting


Charmed, Robin Bird Oil Painting
Charmed, Robin Bird Oil Painting, painting by Linda McCoy
About This Painting:
Media: oil
Size: 6 in X 6 in (15.2 cm X 15.2 cm)
SOLD

Price: $65 USD
Or, send me an email
I try not to be "cute" with my paintings, but sometimes cute just happens. I was photographing and sketching this little robin. Actually he is rather a large bird and not so little at all. I was finishing, and just about to walk away from the window when he bent down and rubbed his beak on the bark. The photo came out really grainy, it was a cold and grey winter day, but I loved his posture so I gave him a try. Here is the photo reference I used. I didn't paint every feather, and definitely embellished his colors. :)Copyright 2015 Linda McCoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. :)