Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Jack and Diane, Day 1


Jack and Diane, Day 1
Jack and Diane, Day 1 , painting by Linda McCoy
About This Painting:
Media: oil
Size: 5 in X 7 in (12.7 cm X 17.8 cm)
Price: $65 USD
How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $65 USD
Or, send me an email

This nesting box has been attached to a wall on the deck for several years. Most of the stenciling I did awhile ago has weathered along with the wood. It has remained uninhabited by the birds until a few days ago. It is close enough to the window for me to be able to sketch and photograph, which has been a lot of fun. They have brought so much nesting material into this box, and sometimes I see them taking a beak full back out, maybe Diane doesn't like the color! They are busy all day.
I decided to name them Jack and Diane, after the John Mellencamp song. I guess I could have called them Bonnie and Clyde, but that is somehow not as fitting. I hope these little Carolina Chickadees have a successful hatching!
Copyright 2017 Linda McCoy

No comments: