Friday, April 21, 2017

Chipping Sparrow ll


Chipping Sparrow ll
Chipping Sparrow ll, painting by Linda McCoy
About This Painting:
Media: oil
Size: 6 in X 6 in (15.2 cm X 15.2 cm)

How to Purchase: Email me

This little Chipping Sparrow was a little windblown, but seemed not to mind as he eyed the feeder brimming over with sunflower seeds and dried berries. I sit out on the deck very early in the morning; the birds are used to seeing me there, and will grab a seed and quickly fly off. Sometimes, the young ones are not so afraid and will sit and not be bothered by my presence. The Chickadees do not care if I'm there, they seem fearless to me, they grab a sunflower seed and sit on a nearby branch and peck at it to break the shell.  I enjoy these early morning bird watching moments, not a sound except for the tweeting of the birds.
Copyright Linda McCoy 2017 

No comments: