Sunday, December 09, 2012

Loretta Young, Oil Painting by Linda McCoy

This is a Dailypaintworks Challenge. The challenge is to paint a movie star, using only four pigments, Maganese Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Purple and white. I chose to Paint Loretta Young, a beautiful and talented actress popular in the 50's. She is holding a bird on some sort of a stick, I couldn't quite figure out that part of the photograph. Lots of fun to paint, although I started out at 7:30am thinking I would finish in two hours or so. It took me until 3:00pm to finish. A little longer than I thought, but then it wouldn't be called a "challenge" if it was easy!   Sold

Linda McCoy copyright 2012

7 comments:

SYLVIANE said...

Her face is wonderful, and deserves the duration on your work, a success, bravo!

Linda McCoy said...

Thank you Sylviane!

Gerald Schwartz said...

Knockout Painting Linda..

Linda McCoy said...

Thank you Gerald!

Heather said...

Wow - you are awesome. I just found your blog and so glad I did. Your work is stunning.

Linda McCoy said...

Thanks for stoppin by Heather!

Сызько Василий Семенович. said...

"A solo of love with Oil and Brushes" by Linda McCoy. Each time I look at the painting more I like it. The secret of woman's nature and beauty will olways be a mistery for a man.Dear Linda, you managed to unravel it and made a good shot.