Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Allen's Hummingbird Painted from Live Streaming


























So this is the story of Bella, an Allen's Hummingbird that I painted from a live stream. It took me three days of observing and trying to manage the changing light. What an experience. As for Bella, as I write this around noon on Wednesday, she now has her babies.  You can watch her by following the link. I should note that I wrote an email to explore.org to ask them if it was a copyright infringement to paint from a live feed, and they were extremely nice and told me it was not. So here she is, Mama Bella. :) Many thanks to explore.org for posting this little bird!

Here is the link:    http://explore.org/live-cams/player/bella-hummingbird-nest


Bella, Painted from Live Streaming
About This Painting:
Media: oil
Size: 6 in X 6 in (15.2 cm X 15.2 cm)
Sold

No comments: