Sunday, August 26, 2007

Peppers and a Jar of Beets




As with most artists I am forever on the lookout for new things to paint. I found these beets in Lebanon, Ohio at a farm and store called the Black Barn. I thought they would make an interesting subject when sunlight passed through the jar. What was a nice surprise was the way the sunlight passed through the openings in the basket and how it landed on the napkin. I used a limited palette of Winsor red, permanent rose, aureolin, cobalt blue and windsor green. I tried the Sennlier 140lb cold press again, I'm ok with the final result but had to fight the paper a little. 7"X7." Watercolor, $100.00

SOLD

Maybe back to oils tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lori McNamara said...

Nice light! I love the last two flower paintings you did too!

Linda McCoy said...

Thanks Lori, these last few paintings have been in watercolor and lots of fun to paint. I'm happy you like them!