Wednesday, September 10, 2008

After September 11


Seems like everyone remembers what they doing when they first heard the news about the horrible events of September 11th. In the days that followed, people tried to resume normal activities and for me that was travel for my employer. Most everyone was aware of what happened in the big cities and airports, increased security, heightened awareness. I was fortunate not to have to travel by air during that time. Some of my travel took me to rural towns many of which were in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky. You couldn't pass a farm without seeing the flag wave, perched on mail boxes, tractors, front doors, and hanging from barns like this one. I wished I would have thought to bring my camera, for in itself this was another story. This barn is near Xenia, Ohio. We should never ever forget what happened that day.

No comments: