Friday, February 15, 2008

Bodies


Today I saw the controversial exhibit "Bodies....The Exhibition" at the Cincinnati Museum Center. In less than an hour 20/20 will report on how the bodies were obtained. I'm not sure how I will feel about it after I watch the program. I can say that I found the exhibit to be remarkable, thought provoking and disturbing all at once. Every muscle, blood vessel, bone and nerve was visible. Flayed. It was very crowded with school groups from all over the area. It was quiet, very unusual for so many kids. Teachers talking to the students explaining and watching so no one touched the bodies. It sounded as though many of the teachers prepared with classes ahead of time. Sketching was very quick and limited because of the crowds, but I managed to get a few in. I would like to go back on a quiet day and spend more time drawing and observing. For whatever reason I was intrigued by their hands.

No comments: