Sunday, February 24, 2008

Phalaenopsis Orchid, Cobalt Violet Pink by Linda McCoy




I bought these beautiful Orchids quite simply at a Kroger near where I live. Anxious to paint them I mixed color after color to get the violet right. I never did. Frustrated and hoping that the Orchids didn't die in the meantime, I emailed Eric at Blue Ridge and he sent me this beautiful color. Cobalt Violet Pink. It matched the orchids perfectly. The darker pink is Quin. Rose Red, also from Blue Ridge. http://www.blueridgeoilpaint.com/ A little cadmium red scarlet was added to the centers along with cad. yellow light. The background is smalt and Winsor Green. I am working on these orchids in a larger format for a gallery but I wanted to try a little daily painting to see how the color performed. I love it! Thanks for your help with the color Eric!

6"X6" Oil on gallery wrapped stretched canvas. $100.00 tcoy1@msn.com

No comments: